Generally, when it comes to choosing a colour scheme for your kitchen, it’s best to stick with proven colours. The most popular are: red, blue, grey, white, yellow and green. From there you can opt for a particular shade that catches your eye. Each colour adds a completely different atmosphere to your kitchen, so be sure to contact your local showroom for a FREE design consultation where they can give you their expert advice.
- Red- Red is an essential warm colour, stimulating the appetite and promoting cosiness. Multiple shades can be used with this versatile colour to help give life to your walls. Red is considered an attractive door or worktop colour option.
- Blue- When blue is used well it creates a crisp and clean look, especially with its lighter shades. This makes it the perfect colour for your ceiling and walls. Blue is an invigorating colour so make sure to use it sparingly or it could overpower the room.
- Grey- Many consider grey to be cold, but the right shade can bring a modern feel to your kitchen. Grey pairs well with other colours, creating the perfect base on which to build your ideal kitchen look.
- White- White can be an incredibly energising colour, giving you the boost you need on those dreary days. Put alongside matching cabinets you’ll have an all-white kitchen which feels fresh and clean, waking you up the minute you set foot in it.
- Yellow- Yellow instantly brightens up a room, adding a soothing quality to its atmosphere. If you want guests to feel calm and happy, then there’s no better colour. Yellow can also make your kitchen seem bigger and brighter, making it the ideal choice for small spaces.
- Green- Green is a smart colour which is proven to promote creativity. From mint apple green to dark moss, there are many useful shades to choose from. Green pairs nicely with white and wood accents too.
Why not test out these colours in our advanced Kitchen Designer?