14th March 2017
Blender/ Mixer/ Food Processor
- Take off the blades as well as any other removable parts, soaking them in a sink full of warm water and dishwashing liquid.
- Hand wash the blender carafe and/or bowl using warm, soapy water (or use the top rack of the dishwasher).
- Scour the blades with a nylon brush to remove any particles.
- Dry everything thoroughly with a clean towel or cloth. DO NOT submerge the machinery, wipe these bases down with a dampened cloth
- Remove and wash the filter and the carafe, washing them in warm soapy water. Once they are clean rinse, and then replace them.
- The next step is descaling the water deposits which involves adding two to three cups of water, along with white vinegar, into the water chamber and letting it brew. Turn the machine off halfway through the cycle and let the solution sit or an hour, later turning it on to finish the cycle.
- Be sure to run two cycles of plain water to get rid of any excess vinegar!
- wipe down the outside with a wet cloth and dish-washing liquid and then dry with a clean cloth.
Dishwasher Yes, the washer should be washed as well!
- Remove all the racks, scrubbing their wheels with a toothbrush (not one you use!)
- Wipe down the inside with a cloth and warm, soapy water.
- Run an empty cycle with white vinegar or powdered lemonade into the detergent cup. This helps remove stains.
- Dust the fan slats, we recommend using the brush attachment on your vacuum.
- Clean the door: If plastic, use a cloth with an all-purpose cleaner. If stainless steel, wipe the door with a rinsed cloth along with water and dishwashing liquid.
- Dry with a clean cloth.
Make sure you get rid of all the horrible grit that accumulates at the bottom!
Electric Can Opener
- Unplug it and carefully remove the cutting wheel and lid cover, soaking them in warm water and washing up liquid.
- Scrub the pieces with a nylon brush or a toothbrush. Alternatively, you can use baking soda and water on the blade.
- Rinse and dry all the pieces thoroughly. Take extra care with the metal cutting wheel.
- Use a dampened cloth, along with dishwasher liquid, to wipe down the base. DO NOT submerge the electrics in water, this could short the fuse
Fridge- This may require turning off your appliance, although it isn’t necessary. Remove all the shelves and draws you can and wash them in warm soapy water. Remember to wipe down the inside, get rid of every mess!