Sunny Day Activities
27th April 2017
With more bank holidays coming up and great weather on the horizon we thought it was a good time to provide a little bit of advice. Well, I suppose less “advice” and more “options”. After all, you’ve got to make the most out of these rare sunny days! So check out our list below of sunny day activities, you can even print it out to discuss your plans with the family.
Make the most of the upcoming bank holidays and do something exciting!
- A simple stroll in the sun can do wonders for your spirits. You can choose from the park, beach or somewhere new entirely! Alone or with company, it’s bound to be good!
- When was the last time you had a good look in your garden? A sunny day is the perfect excuse to get those green fingers going again, get to it!
- Water! Whether it’s a plunge in the ocean, a swim in the pool or a good old water fight, there’s nothing like cool water on a hot day. Prefer a more extreme pastime? Then consider renting a jet ski or boat for the day.
- Treat yourself to a few drinks in the sun, you’re British, you’ve earnt it!
- Why not have a barbeque with some old chums? Good company, especially those you don’t often see, will make the sunny day even brighter!
- Read that book you’ve always been meaning to get to, there’s no better time!
- Do some painting! Sit outside, find a gorgeous view and then see what comes out. who knows, you could be a great artist!
- Visit a zoo, they’re good for all ages after all! Plus, all the animals should be out on a sunny day!
- Get ice cream- obviously.
- Make your own ice lollies! It’s simple, all you need is a lolly mould or a shallow cup and lollipop sticks. After that, use your favourite fruit juice to make the best lolly!
- Give photography a shot. A lot of people say you need to “learn” to take pictures although its undeniable that raw talent can be just as effective.
- Decorate outside! You can draw on the ground using chalk or even paint some stones, plus the sunny weather means your work won’t be ruined immediately!
- A simple picnic with a loved one can sometimes be the best option. Romantic or friendly, it doesn’t matter.
- Rollercoasters! That’s right, it can be exhilarating to feel the wind on your face! Not your cup of tea? There’s plenty of other things to do in theme parks!
- Take a laptop or pen and paper to the park and write something- you never know, you could end up discovering your inner writer!
- Attend an outdoor activity class, such as yoga or jogging. Remember, exercise does wonders for the body and mind!
- Meditate in the sun. After all, meditation is fantastic self-therapy and will make you feel on top of the world on a bright day.
- Play some impromptu sports with your friends. Furthermore, games like rounders and cricket are perfect for hot days.