Dream Doors Celebrates British Pie Week
3rd March 2015
It’s British Pie Week! Here, at Dream Doors, we don’t really need an excuse to make a pie, but it’s great to have an extra excuse to research recipes and find out what everyone puts in their homemade pies. So here’s the question: what is your favourite pie? Is it savoury or sweet? Vegetarian or meaty?
We’ve compiled a top 10 list of our favourite pies:
1. Chicken and leek with puff pastry
2. Steak and ale with puff pastry
3. Minced beef and onion with shortcrust pastry
4. Steak and stilton with puff pastry
5. Rhubarb pie with shortcrust pastry and vanilla ice cream
6. Spinach and ricotta filo pie
7. Mushroom and stilton tarts with filo pastry
8. Steak and three mushroom pie with puff pastry
9. Pork pie with English mustard
10. Sausage and baked bean pie with puff pastry
So, whatever your favourite flavour or recipe, get your pots, pans and pie dishes out to make a hearty homemade pie. If you’re not so inclined to make the pie from scratch, why not buy a ready-made pie from your local supermarket?
Looking for pie inspiration? Have a look at the BBC food website for some ideas.